With innovator character, the program cames from the fast and irreversible process about productive process automation in diverse areas, most recently, in non-industrial applications in Brazil and through the world been highly related to Information and Communication Technologies development. This new graduate program is a logical continuation from Automation and Control Engineering and Mechatronic courses created in Brazil, where the Federal University of Santa Catarina was a pioneer starting the first course in 1990 the Automation and Control Engineering course.
With an extensive and multidisciplinary character, the Graduate Programme In Automation and Systems Engineering (PPGEAS) may satisfy students from different areas and lineups: Automation and Control Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Information System, Mathematics, Physics and from other areas.
Contribute to the professional formation, scientific and technological development, and innovation in automation in Brazil. Read more.
Academic Master and Ph.D. degrees.
Control, Automation, and Systems.
- Modeling, simulation, and identification of dynamical systems.
- Control of continuous, discrete, and hybrid systems.
- Measurement, and instrumentation for control and automation.
- Automation and Mechatronic systems:
- Mobile robots modeling and control.
- Computer vision systems.
- Urban traffic control.
- Sensors and Actuators.
- Computational Systems:
- Real-time and fault-tolerant control.
- Distributed and networked control systems.
- Software engineering and computational science.
- Artificial intelligence and industrial informatics.
- Automation, Control, and Optimization for Oil and Gas Industries:
- Advanced process control for the oil and gas industry.
- Model Predictive Control (MPC) and embedded mathematical optimization.
- Oil field production optimization.
- Instrumentation for oil and gas processes.
- Automation of production platforms.
Evaluation at CAPES
Concept 6 (maximum 7).